Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Paul McCartney's Words

I was just sitting down, trying to write a letter to John, because the song is about John. I tried to write down my feelings, the way I felt after his death. They were sort of sad yet funny. Like it´s the way I remember John. His death is terrible, but he was a like fun ! If he were to hear me talk today about how I knew him, he would probably say "Oh Paul, you never really knew me or understood me." That's what John was like. And then I'd say "Wait, a second. I knew you well! I can still remember the old days. What about this and that, and i still remember this ... ? The text is sort of a little conversation in my mind. I don't know if he would have liked it, but :


If you were here today, you would laugh and say we were always different worlds apart. John, I can barely hold back my tears. I remember how we first saw each other. How we played together. I understood you. And if not, we could atleast sing together. You always had this smile. And now I have you in my song.----Sir Paul McCartney


My comment: Heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment